Conceptual ideas about EVF/LCD self-defined overlays, Eupen, Belgium, October 2019
The basic idea is to have an overlay composed of lines and gray shades of equal or different densities allowing to see different image crops while looking though the EVF or on the LCD. The final output would still be a regular full frame image.
Of course this idea considers that you do not need 100% of your sensor size and that the pixels covered by the crop does fulfill your business needs. If not I recommend the Fujifilm GFX 100 series for that.
- Square Format Small: Could be used for Instagram or similar feeds. Could also be used as a standard square format but seeing “more” than the final picture in the viewfinder. It would allow to frame for a final instagram poste while having a story or a igtv in mind.
- Vertical Portrait: If you like the portrait mode with the additional advantage to be able to use it landscape while keeping the full original portrait. When you turn the camera you loose this capability.
- Square Format Large: You can think in the small and the big square, or you can consider the portrait and the big square.
- Cinematic Mode: An approximative 9:16 cinema looking mode. It is overlaying all other formats and guarantees the crop on 9:16 screens or while filming.
- Full Sensor Size: No comment.